Cooking Sous Vide: A Guide for the Home Cook
Sous vide cooking is quickly becoming one of the hottest culinary techniques. However, many people mistakenly think it requires expensive equipment and can't be done at home. The purpose of this book is to explain the basic concepts of sous vide to the home cook, present several low-cost options for getting started, and provide recipes and cooking times to begin exploring sous vide cooking.
Who Should Buy This Book
Anyone who is interested in finding out more about using sous vide at home, exploring the various equipment options, learning cooking times, and the science behind sous vide cooking.
Who Should Not Buy This Book
Expert cooks who already know a lot about using sous vide, people only interested in a book of recipes, people overly concerned about the safety of sous vide, and anyone not willing to explore new cooking techniques.
What You'll Get In This Book
Here are some of the topics covered in Cooking Sous Vide at Home
- Detailed introduction to sous vide and the steps involved in using it successfully
- Time and temperature guidelines for over 50 types of meat, poultry, fish, and vegetables
- Descriptions and evaluations of the types of sous vide equipment available including free "Sous Vide on the Stove"
- Over a dozen of our best tips and tricks for successful sous vide cooking
- Comparisons of common sous vide setups including our pick for the "Ideal Home Sous Vide Setup", which only costs a few hundred dollars
- A dozen recipes covering beef, fish, lamb, chicken, and vegetables
- List of several of the top places to gather more information on sous vide cooking
- Temperature conversion charts to easily move between Celsius and Fahrenheit
Table of Contents
Intro to Sous Vide
What is Sous Vide Cooking?
Benefits of Sous Vide
Disadvantages of Sous Vide
Basic Sous Vide Technique
Sous Vide Equipment
Common Sous Vide Setups
Ideal Home Sous Vide Setup
Advanced Sous Vide Setup
Cheap Sous Vide Setup
Tips and Tricks
Rosemary Short Ribs
Mango-Chipotle Beef Ribs
BBQ Chicken Thighs
Maple Glazed Pork Chops
Smoky Lamb Chops
"Almost Sushi" Salmon
Rosemary-Almond Green Beans
Roasted Garlic and Basil Mashed Potatoes
Eggs and Toast
Time and Temperature Charts
Meat (Tender Cuts)
Meat (Tough Cuts)
Fish and Shellfish
Fahrenheit to Celsius Conversion
Sample the Book Now
We've made the first few pages of the book available for free so you can get a feel for the sous vide book.
Download the sample Cooking Sous Vide pages
100% Money Back Guarantee
If this book does not give you the information you need to get started with sous vide cooking at home, you get your money back with no hassels. This is no time limit to the guarantee.