"...It definitely made me more confident in diving into all things sous vide."
"The recipes are well written with clear descriptions..."
"This is turning into my 'go-to' book for sous vide..."
Consistently Create Amazing Food With Sous Vide...
Understand how time and temperature work to cook your food perfectly every time
- Times and temperatures you can trust to turn out perfectly cooked food every time
- The differences between cooking for thickness versus cooking for tenderness
- Predicting sous vide times for more complicated dishes and troubleshooting cuts that are tougher than expected
- Why websites recommend specific times and temperatures that differ dramatically
- The ideal time and temperature for almost any cut of meat
- Adjust times when cooking from the freezer, in bulk, and as the amount of food increases
Everyday Food That Looks and Tastes Great
Even if you have a busy schedule you can still discover how to use sous vide effectively
- Simple recipes for everyday foods using everyday ingredients
- How to work in bulk by sous viding ahead of time and using the freezer to save meals
- Perfect your searing technique to create a stunning crust while not overcooking or drying out the meat
- Find the perfect foods that fit around your busy schedule
- Discover when sous vide is truly the best way to cook something
- How salt, seasoning, herbs and spices are affected by sous vide
Here's How to Consistently Create Amazing Food Using Sous Vide...
Sous vide isn't magic! Like most cooking methods, having the confidence to use it consistently comes from a little bit of knowledge combined with practice.
Once you understand a surprisingly small amount of basic information, you will be able to trust yourself to regularly turn out amazing food with sous vide...
And to help you get started, I've assembled all the information you need to know into this book. The information is broken up into bite-sized chunks, moving you along at a pace you can easily keep up with, even with your busy schedule!
With sous vide you no longer have to cross your fingers and hope your food turns out perfect!
Did you know I also have a free companion email course? You can sign up today.
What You Get In This Book
- The bulk of this book is the more than 85 recipes it contains. Designed so you can skim the recipes, looking for something that inspires you, or turn to a specific recipe to learn all about how to cook the cut of meat it features.
- A detailed look at the entire sous vide process, including pre-sous vide preparation, sous vide sealing, temperature control, determining time and temperatures, and finishing sous vided foods.
- More than 85 recipes providing a wide variety of dishes across many cuts of meat and types of vegetables. They include:
•Beef, Lamb, and Other Red Meat
•Sausage and Ground Meats
•Chicken, Turkey, Duck, and Poultry
•Fish and Shellfish
•Fruits and Vegetables
•Infusions of Alcohol, Oil, and Vinegar
•Sweet and Sours such as yogurt, creme brulee, and dulce de leche
- An introduction to the equipment you will need for cooking sous vide. From a simple no-cost method that will allow you to give sous vide cooking a try, to a low-cost setup that will meet all of your sous vide cooking needs.
- A comprehensive sous vide time and temperature chart, as well as cooking-by-thickness times.
- More than 35 "Modernist Notes" with suggestions for using modernist ingredients and techniques to turn everyday meals into upscale and elegant dishes.
I have sample recipes for
Monkfish in Dashi with Spring Vegetables,
St. Louis Ribs with Bourbon BBQ Sauce,
Flank Steak with Argentinian Chimichurri,
Vanilla-Cinnamon Creme Brulee. I've also made the first 2 chapters of the book available for you to look at.
You can also view all the images from the book in my Sous Vide Book photo gallery.
What People are Saying...
See what people have said about me and my books
"...It definitely made me more confident in diving into all things sous vide.
"I love how the author gives you ranges and shares with you his own preferences for the precise temps and timing he uses for different cuts.
"Everything is clear and straightforward, and there is a lot of information about what happens in sous vide that I wouldn't have guessed. If you're looking for an understandable way to ensure safety and taste in your sous vide cooking, you can't go wrong"
4.5 out of 5 stars with 130 reviews
- Amazon.com Rating
"I thought Sous Vide cooking was out of my league...
"However, a recent article in the New York Times accompanied by the reduction in price of the needed sous vide equipment prompted me to take another look. This led me to Jason's book and, after reading it, I sprung for the equipment and made a fantastic filet mignon.
"Along the way, I asked Jason for some help on questions I had and he promptly answered. He even has a blog. Many authors give you their email address and ask you to contact them if you have any questions but rarely do so. Jason does and I have in fact purchased products recommended by him. I endorse this book highly; the recipes are great and easy to follow. (Working on a brisket now!-Have to get back to it)."
"Sous vide is ever on my mind, but I don't know if that's the right thing to do. Also, there are now several good books out there on the subject from people who have more experience than I.
- Michael Ruhlman
"The recipes are well written with clear descriptions and include ingredients that everyone should be able to find locally. There are more pictures than I would have thought in a book at this price. I have cooked over a dozen dishes so far, all of them have been delicious and surprisingly easy.
Mr. Logsdon stepped it up a notch with this book including the sections on Infusions and Sweet and Sour. He has inspired me to try my own creations using the techniques, recipes and reference included in this book! I would highly recommend this book to anyone, I guarantee you will be cooking delicious meals and having fun! "
"This is turning into my 'go-to' book for sous vide...
Everything is so very easily laid out for the home cook that uses sous vide, right down to when you should start your cooking/prep. It also has sections for those who want to take things to the next level and get "fancy" on the recipes. I definitely recommend this book if you are into sous vide.
Jason Logsdon is a passionate home cook, entrepreneur, and web developer. He helps cooks understand new modernist cooking techniques with easy-to-understand directions and recipes. He has several books and a website on modernist cooking that are read by thousands of people every month including Modernist Cooking Made Easy: Getting Started, Modernist Cooking Made Easy: The Whipping Siphon, Sous Vide Grilling, Sous Vide: Help for the Busy Cook, and Modernist Cooking Made Easy: Party Foods. He can be reached at email@example.com or through Twitter at @jasonlogsdon.
Still Unsure? There's Also a 100% Guarantee
If this book does not give you the information you need to confidently use your sous vide machine or you are unhappy with it for any reason, then you get your money back.
Full Contest Details
At the end of December we will do a random drawing of everyone that has forwarded us their Amazon receipt showing a purchase of Modernist Cooking Made Easy: Sous Vide in December 2016. Each copy of Modernist Cooking Made Easy: Sous Vide purchased will count as one entry into the drawing. The first name picked will win a PolyScience Professional Circulator and a signed copy of Modernist Cooking Made Easy: Sous Vide. The next two names drawn will each win a signed copy of Modernist Cooking Made Easy: Sous Vide. The contest is limited to people in the United States.
Full Contest Rules
- The winner will be selected at random from all of the email receipts sent to Amazing Food Made Easy at firstname.lastname@example.org by 11:59pm, December 31, 2016.
- In order to enter the Giveaway individuals need to email a receipt of a Modernist Cooking Made Easy: Sous Vide or Amazing Food Made Easy: Sous Vide book from Amazon.com that was purchased in December of 2016.
- This Giveaway is open only to legal residents of the U.S. and its territories, possessions and commonwealths who are 18 years of age or older as of December 31, 2016. This Giveaway is governed by U.S. law and is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Void outside the U.S. and its territories, possessions, and commonwealths and where prohibited by law.
- The Giveaway starts at 9:00am Eastern time on December 1, 2016
- The Giveaway ends at 11:59pm Eastern time on December 31, 2016
- The Giveaway prize is a new PolyScience Professional machine. Any and all warranties and guarantees with respect to any prize element are subject to the respective manufacturer?s terms.
- The number of eligible entries received determines the odds of winning.
- The winner will be notified using the email address supplied when the receipt is sent in. The winner will also be announced on the Amazing Food Made Easy website, in the Amazing Food Made Easy Newsletter, on the Amazing Food Made Easy Facebook page and via Twitter.
- If potential Giveaway winner forfeits or does not claim the prize, the prize will be re-awarded by doing another random selection from the eligible entries.
- The Giveaway is being sponsored by Primolicious LLC, 12 Pimlico Rd., Wolcott, CT, 06716
- VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW
- Primolicious LLC (?Sponsor?) is not responsible for: any incorrect or inaccurate entry information; human error; technical malfunctions; failures, omission, interruption, deletion, or defect of any telephone network, computer online systems, computer equipment, server providers, or software, including any injury or damage to participant?s or any other person?s computer relating to or resulting from participation in this Giveaway; inability to access the website; theft, tampering, destruction, or unauthorized access to, or alteration of entries; entries that are processed late or incorrectly or are incomplete or lost due to computer or electronic malfunction or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website; printing, typographical, human or other errors; and any entries which are late, lost, incomplete, delayed, misdirected, stolen, mutilated, inaccurate, illegible or arrive postage due, or any combination thereof. Entries are considered only upon receipt.
- By entering into the Giveaway, each entrant consents to the use by Sponsor of entrants name for advertising and promotional purposes in any and all media and without additional compensation, notification or permission, except where prohibited by law.
- If, in the Sponsor?s opinion, there is any suspected or actual evidence of electronic or non-electronic tampering with any portion of the Giveaway, or if a computer virus, bug, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical difficulties, or other failures compromise, corrupt, or otherwise affect the administration, integrity, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Giveaway, the Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to: disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process; void any entries submitted fraudulently; modify or suspend the Giveaway; or terminate the Giveaway and conduct a random drawing to award the prize using all eligible, non-suspect entries received as of the termination date.