Free Beginning Sous Vide Guide
We released the first 7 chapters of our Beginning Sous Vide book
as a free "Beginning Sous Vide Guide
". Our goal with this guide is to compile all of the information you need to get started with sous vide at home into one place. Many people starting with sous vide have trouble finding all the information they need and we're trying to address that. The Beginning Sous Vide Guide should be a complete guide for starting out with sous vide, understanding what it is and how it works, and becoming comfortable with the process.
These first chapters cover:
- How sous vide works including the main benefits of sous vide
- Tips and tricks for effective sous vide cooking
- A discussion of sous vide equipment and some common home setups ranging from cooking on the stove to high-end immersion circulators
- A detailed discussion of sous vide cooking of beef roasts and tough cuts, including 12 recipes and a time and temperature chart for most tough beef cuts
- A talk about sous vide safety and how it works
- A list of sous vide resources where people can get more information about sous vide
We've decided to make this guide available as both a downloadable PDF
and an online HTML file
We hope this sous vide guide can really help people who are new to sous vide find all the information they need to get started in one place.
Please pass along the guide to anyone you know that is interested in finding out more information about sous vide. Also feel free to send us any comments or suggestions for improvement so we can make the Beginning Sous Vide Guide
even more effective.
Thanks a lot for helping to spread the understanding of sous vide cooking.
This article is by me, Jason Logsdon. I'm an adventurous home cook and professional blogger who loves to try new things, especially when it comes to cooking. I've explored everything from sous vide and whipping siphons to pressure cookers and blow torches; created foams, gels and spheres; made barrel aged cocktails and brewed beer. I have also written 10 cookbooks on modernist cooking and sous vide and I run the AmazingFoodMadeEasy.com website.
Affiliate Disclaimer: Some links on this site might be affiliate links that if used to purchased products I might receive money. I like money but I will not endorse something I don't believe in. Please feel free to directly go to any products I link to and bypass the referral link if you feel uncomfortable with me receiving funds.