For the Sous Vide Turkey
1. Defrost turkey as needed according to the instructions on the packaging.
2. Set Nomiku water bath and turn temperature to 65°C (149°F).
3. On a clean cutting surface, using a chef's knife or boning knife, remove the thighs and drumsticks. Next, remove the wings of the turkey. Remove the packaged gizzards inside the body cavity (if applicable) and set aside for other use such as gravy.
4. Using your kitchen shears, cut out the rib cage and save for stock or gravy. Using a butcher's knife, cut the breast in half down the middle - keep the bone in for extra juiciness when you sous vide.
5. Season the turkey pieces moderately with salt.
6. Prepare 4 gallon-sized vacuum-seal bags or 4 zip bags. Place the thighs and wings in one - making sure they do not overlap, add in 2 smashed cloves garlic, 1 sprig of each herb, and two tablespoons of butter.
7. Put drumsticks in another bag with 2 smashed cloves garlic, 1 sprig of each herb, and two tablespoons of butter. You may need two bags depending on the size of the drumsticks.
8. In the final two bags, place one turkey breast in each, add in 2 smashed cloves garlic, 1 sprig of each herb, and two tablespoons of butter.
9. Seal with a vacuum sealer or use the water displacement method. Take care that the turkey pieces inside the bags are completely submerged during sous vide.
10. Sous vide the breast and thigh meat for 2.5 hours. The legs should stay in the water bath for a minimum of 2.5 hours and become most tender at 4-6 hours (recommended time). Larger legs that are 2lbs+ will need the extra time to reach proper internal temperature.
11. To serve immediately, remove meat from bags, pat skin dry with a paper towel, and crisp up in a heavy pan with grapeseed oil on high heat until brown and crispy, around 3 minutes each side.
To store, remove bags from water bath and into a large bowl of ice water, chill for 30 minutes and then transfer to refrigerator. If reheating from the fridge, put entire bags back in water bath at 55°C (131°F) for 1 hour to retherm, then crisp up skin according to directions above.